Thursday 5 April 2012

Afternoon Wrap #0291 pattern has arrived

I received my next Vintage Pattern Lending Library pattern from Kimberley today. I was inspired to ask for this pattern by seeing what a fantastic job was make by other VPLL project members on this afternoon wrap.
Afternoon Wrap Feb 4 1912 size 22 inch bust
I will have to enlarge it to a size 22 again, as its so pretty I want to wear it too. The pattern is made up of just two pieces and has tassels attached at the front and a buckle at the back, with contrasting material collar and sleeve trim.  


I will use a muslin first to test out this pattern as I have done for the others. This has saved me so much wasted good material by learning the foibles of these authentic patterns and pattern enlargement to fit me and decide whether it really suits me at all.  I have never sewn mock ups before until I started this project. I was usually in a such hurry to get a finished product to wear.  It is really worth while to spend the extra time doing this for a professional finish.


As its a long Easter weekend this weekend, I will try to finish off the hand sewing of the neck trim for the  Ladies Blouse pattern, finish my Victorian steampunk outfit, and get my husband's Folkwear Victorian waistcoat pattern mostly finished before I embark on this wonderful pattern.

I have been entering the ClubBMV ClubBMV@ClubBMV.com fabulous florals material giveaway competition  just in case the material would in handy for this VPLL project.

No comments:

Post a Comment