Tuesday 6 March 2012

#0191 Ladies' Blouse 7 April 1912

#0191 Ladies' Blouse
I received my pattern for this blouse yesterday in my in box and printed it out ready to tape together. It needs to be enlarged somewhat as its only for a 36 inch bust measurement with a 25 inch waist.  I think it would go well with the Ladies Skirt #0200 pattern.

I was lucky enough to find a pop up fabric surplus clearance sale near my work in Wellington that was selling good fabric from $1 to $5 a metre. So I indulged and got 5 metres of lovely black lace for $3 a metre and other blouse and suiting material.

I selected the material for this blouse pattern too -a light transparent bluish grey solid stripe with a transparent strip with an overall washed blue and grey background. Very unusual. I  still need to get the the contrasting material for the trim and bias. The beads will be an interesting feature. Perhaps they should be made removable for washing purposes. I haven't seen any other comments about that in the other 1912 Project blogs so far for this pattern at  http://vpll1912project.org/category/ladies/blouse/e0191_blouse/.

I will read the other 1912 Project blogs carefully before I start to cut and sew this weekend though, as there have been some good work done by others who have paved the way for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment