Friday 9 March 2012

Blouse #0191 altering the pattern


Marking out the pattern to enlarge
I also decided that since there were going to be substantial alterations  I'd use the roll of economy table cover paper that is stronger than tissue and more flexible than A4 paper.

I started with the lining pattern to get my confidence up. Without lengthening guide divisions I made a guess based on a commercial pattern.

This stage took much longer than I anticipated. I came up with all sort of problems with the combined back and front shape. When I added the length it changed the armhole, I don't like blouses that finish at the waist and get untucked when I lean forward. I was also trying to retain the overall design proportions. It was worth investing time and a good opportunity to lean more from Lee's book and try things out.
Then, I was really in trouble, the armhole seam is not where it normally is and it looks a funny shape. I had to widen the sleeve and also added to the sleeve curve. Oh well, its only time and paper. I pinned it to the dress form to see how bad it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment