Friday 9 March 2012

Blouse #0191

It was nearly lunchtime so I took a break. This is the view from my deck out over Evans Bay and Wellington Airport.


OK, now back to work.
I cut out the neck trim in paper to see how it sat once I enlarged the neckline. The pleats are just pressed to see how far I wanted them to go.  I was not happy how the material pulled along the bust line and the sleeve holes gaped at the front.
Wrong curve shape.

So back to Lee again, page 72 - increasing the bust for when the cup size is larger than a C cup. I slashed the bodice from the centre shoulder through the bust apex down to the waist, as she says. Then horizontally to the side seam.   It changes the angle of the arm hole and the hem line but thats OK, it hangs better and I leant something new. I transferred the new measurements to a new paper pattern and will start again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment